Profile of Assignments
International Car Manufacturer
- Managed parallel projects in the ISD department of their European HQ
- Reviewed and subsequently produced new procedures/guidelines for the client's Project Managers
- Provided hands-on coaching and skills transfer to the client's PM’s
- Designed and delivered a suite of training courses aimed at maximising the capabilities of the client’s staff.
International Insurance Group
Provision of Project Management Consultancy to manage a 25 person team on a 200+ man-year project undertaking the analysis, design, development and implementation of twelve core business applications.
International Oil Company
- Provision of project and team managers for a strategic Retail Business platform programme
- Provision of project manager for a revised Sales & Marketing platform that covered 13 European countries and 3 business units.
Leading Specialist Information Provider
- Provided Project Manager for Customer Engagement programme, which included establishing business case, project governance and controls
- Work packages for purchase and implementation of preferred CRM package as well as the development of customised modules for the selected CRM package were undertaken by OCS Team Managers using OCS' software engineering project teams.
Car Leasing Organisation
- Full lifecycle project management responsibility for providing a Fleet Optimisation and Planning platform to respond to regulatory changes in vehicle transactions
- Provided work package team manager capacity for delivery and integration of a highly specialist package from a third party supplier and meeting aggressive timescales by utilising the benefits of RAD (DSDM®).
International Domestic Insurer
- Provided the knowledge and experience to facilitate the introduction of Rapid Application Development techniques into software engineering teams
- Introduced new work package governance methods to support RAD
- Developed and delivered customer specific training courses and coaching for project and team managers
- Provided technical and business representatives to facilitate client uptake of new methods.
International Leisure Group
- Provided Project Management to support programme delivering new online business environment
- Managed a suite of mixed work package teams constituting internal, existing and new external suppliers that had high aggressive deadline schedules
Implemented new project governance procedures specifically tailored for the online business environment.
Not for Profit Organisation
Working with this non-profit organisation for over 10 years, OCS Consulting undertook:
- The BA role interfacing with the client and external suppliers working with a high volume, web-based online transactional system accessed from 10 UK wide offices. Full lifecycle activities including; requirements gathering; time-boxed JAD with domain experts and developers to ‘hothouse’ the incremental analysis/design/build process, testing, training, implementation configuration management and support.
- supporting all key strategic business activities centred upon grant management
- Business areas: application capture, consultation and assessment, decision support, payments, compliance monitoring, CRM, address and media management, operational, management and financial reporting, data exchange, data cleansing and migration, data warehouse.
EU Regulatory Agency
Since 2010, OCS Consulting has been providing Business Analyst services which includes:
- Leading the facilitation of business workshops with stakeholders to agree process/system including all EU member state countries
- Developing detailed business, functional, non-functional requirements specification following UML methodology and RUP for new system used throughout Europe.
- Perform requirements gathering sessions from 50+ stakeholders across the EU.
- Develop functional and technical specifications
- Conduct testing phase and support User Acceptance Testing process with end users prior to production releases.
Global Car Manufacturer
OCS Consulting has been providing Business Analysis services to a global car manufacturer since 2012. Working on a project to replace or enhance a number of local systems with a centralised system to handle the importation, distribution and sales of cars.
Key activities for OCS included:
- workshops to identify the functional and procedural differences (gaps) between the current business procedures and systems and the target system.
- Gap analysis used to prioritise and create business requirement definitions and documentation for development teams.
- creation of a structured test plan with detailed scenarios, not only for the initial implementation of the product, but for future releases.
Global Cash Management Organisation
OCS Consulting undertook a testing audit for a global cash management organisation, to review the testing processes in use and to make recommendations which led to the development of a testing strategy. The company also planned the integration of two existing systems. Both are systems that have evolved over a number of years but are quite different in the technologies used. Testing included numerous interfaces to other systems i.e. payroll and database maintenance. A tight deadline meant that testing had to be ‘time-boxed’ into three months before the pilot implementation started.
International Document Delivery Services Company
This international logistics company needed assistance when faced with compliance regulations within the testing arena. There were a number of applications to review including Hub Distribution Management and Customs Clearance. These systems were used in approximately 100 countries with several thousand users.
OCS’ consultants used expert knowledge of automated testing tools, to provide the following service:
- Audit of existing manual test procedures
- Planning the effective mix of manual and automated testing
- Creation of test scripts
- Creation of generic test code
- Execution of test scripts.
International Software Development Company
This innovative software development company approached OCS to provide assistance in the development of a test strategy. A process was developed by a senior testing consultant at OCS to generate test improvement through reviews and systematic development. This project specifically addressed test process documentation, implementing a more refined testing process and the introduction of skills training in testing techniques and methods.
Major Publishing Organisation
A legal Publishing organisation approached OCS Consulting to provide consultancy services for the development of an application for Customer Services and Subscription Control. This application was to include interfaces to warehouse management, accounts and external printers with a user base of between 175 and 300 people.
OCS’ consultants project managed the development and undertook all the System Testing. As this project was critical to the business, it was essential that OCS introduced a formal System Testing activity. This started with the creation of a Test Strategy, creating test standards and procedures and provided a basis for manual and automated testing with one single method for tracking defects.
The testing was undertaken both remotely and on-site resulting in the successful outcome of the User Acceptance and Business Integration Testing.